- To create an ambience in which new ideas, research and scholarship flourish, and from which the leaders and innovators of tomorrow emerge.
- To address problems faced by the nation and the world through the talent we nurture and the research we do.
- To provide an education that transforms students through rigorous coursework and by providing an understanding of the needs of society and industry.
- To collaborate with other academic and research institutes around the world to strengthen the education and research ecosystem.
- Creativity, innovation, and a desire to challenge the status quo will affect what and how we teach and the intellectual ambitions of the Institute itself.
- Social engagement should orient students academic experiences to help them become critically engaged citizens, dedicated to solving problems and contributing to the public good.
- The Vikhyat Institute must embrace these principles and innovate to address shifts in the global economy, society, and environment that require individuals to grapple with complex problems, pursue more fluid and flexible career pathways, and collaboratively create change.